Subject: [Leica] Solar Recharging for Tina
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter)
Date: Fri Jun 10 09:37:29 2005

A bit late for Tina's current trip but this looks like a possibility for
recharging camera batteries while away from the wall outlets, aka mains.

The Brunton SolarRoll 14:
http://www.ascscientific.com/solar.html
http://www.brunton.com/product.php?id=256

Not sure how much power it takes to recharge a Canon battery. I see
energy capacity of 1650 and 2200 mAh on the web for the Canon  NP-E3
equivalents so I would say 3-4 hours on the 900 mA panel. That 900 mA is
probably in bright sun and with overcast it's going to take much longer.
Still, I think a full day could bring one battery back up to near full
charge.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Solar Recharging for Tina)