Subject: [Leica] Amazingly On topic!! Lens CLA
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Wed Jun 8 22:33:02 2005

Scott, I have a DR, which has the same optical formula of a rigid,
and it is terrific for b/w shooting. I wouldn't worry too much about a
few light marks on the coating, mine is flawed, but works perfectly.

The CLA that Leica NJ performed on this lens, fundamentally changed
it's signature. It now has far less glow and is much less susceptible
to flare,
but is much sharper and has higher contrast, especially wide open. It's
not
quite as punchy as the current Cron, but cleaning the haze out made a
noticeable difference.

feli

On Jun 8, 2005, at 10:05 PM, Scott McLoughlin wrote:

> Me too. I asked some months back about some lens options for
> B&W shooting. One of the more attractive options seemed to be
> a Rigid 50/2.
> Shopping about, many samples seem available with less than
> perfect glass. I've wondered how much a CLA might run and
> then if a recoating would "ruin" the signature of the lens.
>
> Scott
feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

no archive