Subject: [Leica] MF DSLR: was Leica DMR vs. Canon 20D comparison shots
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Jun 5 00:15:32 2005

On 6/4/05 7:29 PM, "MIKIRO" <miki@arbos.net> typed:

> Mark and David,
>
> At the Photo Imaging Expo in March, Pentax and Mamiya booths were
> crowded with people interested in their new MF DSLRs (18MP Kodak CCD and
> 22MP Dalsa CCD). They will most probably be priced at around 850-900K
> yen (8K USD) in Japan. This will undoubtedly bring a breakthrough in the
> MF digital world. Indeed, even a lot of amateurs (myself included) are
> now keen on digital MF as their next targets.
>
> Cheers,
>
> MIKIRO
> Japan

Yes but the backs on one of those nice looking camera systems need to be
ported over to be useable with Zeiss Hassy lenses of which many Pros and
others have a vested image.
I think within a year the big break will happen and I'll be shooting medium
format digital. Maybe have it hooked up to my computer as I shoot when it's
in here.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon