Subject: [Leica] Leica DMR vs. Canon 20D comparison shots
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jun 4 06:05:45 2005

In a message dated 6/4/2005 7:17:47 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
douglas.sharp@gmx.de writes:

It's a  pity they can't be absolutely identical in size and exactly
aligned, it  would be reasonably easy to subtract one image from the
other to show the  remaining differences.

It seems to me a fatal flaw in this "test" is that he moved the  camera to
attempt to compensate for the two image sensor sizes.  IMO, it  would have
been
a sounder test if the shots were composed identically; then the  images
could
be superimposed, and we could click layer on or layer off to really  examine

differences.

As it is, depth of field, and different relative image size  spoils
objective observation.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com