Subject: [Leica] My first (and second) cameras
From: rbrowne1 at mindspring.com (Robert Browne)
Date: Thu Jun 2 21:22:36 2005

First camera (1967): Canon III w/ 50mm Serenar

Second Camera (1970): Nikon F w/ 24mm Nikkor

Loaned the Canon to hippy chick girlfriend. They both went to Mexico.
Never saw either of them again.
Loaned the Nikon to Argentinean photo-realist painter friend. They both
went to Argentina. Never saw either of them again.

Moral: Don't loan cameras to friends unless you don't mind losing both
the cameras and friends. At least that's my experience.

Update: Painter recently surfaced in Mexico. We e-mailed but he always
telephones when I'm not home. A talented guy, check out
his website: http://www.laurencena.com/sitev1/

Robert (don't ask me to borrow my Leicas) Browne

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] My first (and second) cameras)