Subject: [Leica] Dynamical range
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Wed Jun 1 17:21:31 2005

And then Tina said:

> I have this plug-in but don't use it often.  I usually get weird artifacts
> in the shadows.  YMMV, but I'd rather have the control of the other action
> and do it myself.

I'll say:

I haven't had it long enough nor used it enough to have experienced the
problems Tina describes; a friend bought it at the same time (i.e., last
week) and he says so far so good as well. He's tried it with some
landscapes, which seem much improved using it. I've mainly fiddled with
it on a shot (digital raw) of a dog with blown out white markings.  I've
been able to recover some detail using it.

But it is early.

There are some examples if you go to
http://www.fredmiranda.com/shopping/DRI and then click on 'Full
description and samples'.

At least on the monitor our corrected images look ok to us.  Prints we
haven't tried yet.

--Bob