Subject: [Leica] My first camera
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 1 16:14:02 2005

>From my collection:  a copy of Ted's first camera:
_http://www.sonc.com/argus/_ (http://www.sonc.com/argus/)

In a message dated 6/1/2005 6:11:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
tedgrant@shaw.ca writes:

My first  camera was a birthday gift, May 27, 1950 from my wife on my first
birthday  after we were married the previous October.. An Argus A2 35mm,
today we  might call it a point n' shoot!

However this little Argus was plastic,  no electronics. A box you put a roll
of film in and made a few adjustments  according to the piece of paper with
the exposure suggestions in the film  box. :-)

So now you folks know who to blame for launching me into this  wild and
crazy
world of photography! ;-) But man I have absolutely no  regrets, other than
wish I could do it all over again ten fold times!  :-)

ted

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com