Subject: [Leica] Summilux M 1,4/35 PRE ASPH deception
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Mon May 30 21:31:56 2005

In a message dated 5/29/2005 6:23:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
michiel.fokkema@wanadoo.nl writes:
I have the same lens and partly agree with you. Wide open it is hardly
usuable. But stopped down it gets better. 2.0 is usuable for me and from
2.8 I have no complaints whatsoever.
If you really need the speed you should go for the asph version. If you
don't need the speed you better stay with a summicron.

I also agree, but I do think it is usable at 1.4 when needed.  My complaint
is it is almost too small for my big hands.  I keep getting my finger on the
hood tab and not the aperture tab.  ;-)

gene