Subject: [Leica] 90mm M Lenses: Which is Most Resistant to Flare & Reflection?
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Mon May 30 21:15:35 2005

In a message dated 5/29/2005 9:24:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
jbcollier@shaw.ca writes:
The Tele-Elmarit-M is a mixed bag. At the very least performance can
vary considerably from sample to sample. Many complaints of internal
fogging which is impossible to fix. Check out any lens carefully
before you buy. Mine was clear and clean with performance typical for
a long focus lens of the day: mostly pretty sharp except for
noticeably softening when focused wide open and close. Unfortunately
mine had a propensity to flare at the least provocation. Heck a
bright blue sky in the frame, never-mind an actual point light
source, would cause it to flare: very, very, very annoying. Others
say their samples are fine; and, the person I sold mine to,
inexpensively with full disclose and right of return, was happy with
it. Go figure.

I have this lens and when I got it the lens had falre as described, but I
had
Sherry do a CLA on it and it is now much better.  It still will flare
occasionally, but it is now usable for most shooting, and gives very nice
results.

Gene

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] 90mm M Lenses: Which is Most Resistant to Flare & Reflection?)