Subject: [Leica] OT: Anyone Else Watching History in the Making...
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sun May 29 18:49:33 2005

jon.stanton@comcast.net writes in part:

> I was in a Chicago public grade school during the 50's. I seem to
> recall them bringing a radio in for us to listen to the Patterson-
> Johansen fight as well as the World Series

ESPN Classic broadcast Clay/Liston 1 and Ali/Patterson 1 just last week. I
sat glued to the screen watching two great fights that I had only ever
listened to - over the radio back in the mid sixties. B&W and worth every
minute.

The sound man somehow avoided picking up Ali telling Patterson "my name is
Ali, my name is Ali" everytime he hit him with his left jab from every
conceivable angle. No round by round punch stats in those days.

A shame to not have seen him fight during the many prime years big boxing
denied him of his living.

Regards,

Greg