Subject: [Leica] OT: Zeiss Ikon Update
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sun May 29 13:23:27 2005

With all the hype on the Lug regarding this camera last fall. We now have
this from the official web site:

2005-05-24: Shipment information

The Carl Zeiss lenses Biogon T* 2.8/25 ZM, Biogon T* 2.8/28 ZM, Biogon T*
2/35 ZM and Planar T* 2/50 ZM lenses have now been available on the market
for some time. The demand has initially been higher than the production
capacity, but the supply is now in good balance with orders.
However the Zeiss Ikon camera body, originally planned for shipments from
late May 2005, is now scheduled for serial deliveries to start in August
2005. Additional time has been allocated to further improve the camera in
order to meet highest possible customer expectations. The total time for the
deliveries of the Limited Edition starting in August is expected to be four
months.
Deliveries of the Carl Zeiss lenses Distagon T* 2.8/15 ZM and Biogon T*
2.8/21 ZM will also start in August 2005. The Sonnar T* 2/85 ZM is scheduled
for start of deliveries in September 2005.
We regret the delay but are sure that the Zeiss Ikon camera and the Carl
Zeiss T* ZM-mount lenses above will be worthwhile waiting for.

Seems like Leica is not alone with product release delays.

We've got the Cosina made lenses at least.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] OT: Zeiss Ikon Update)