Subject: [Leica] Re: leica during WW II
From: ealadner at comcast.net (Eric Ladner)
Date: Sun May 29 11:09:45 2005

On May 29, 2005, at 10:51 AM, Summicron1@aol.com wrote:

> i know a guy in salt lake city who swapped a carton of cigarettes for
> a leica
> after the war

My mother paid a freighter captain $50, I think, for a Leica I shortly
after the end of the War. He had bought it from a destitute refugee,
but I don't know for how much. Fifty dollars was a good bit in the late
'40s, but she used that camera well into the '70s, and it still works
today!

--Eric Ladner