Subject: [Leica] Re:Second thoughts about digitals
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sat May 28 16:54:59 2005

> Digital cameras are best really, for people who actually use their
> cameras.Not great for people who otherwise shoot 2 rolls a year,
> who should then stick to film.
>
> What is the real cost of running a film camera?
> Assume you shoot 10 rolls of film a week. That's 52 rolls a year.
> Assume film+process is about US$5/roll (conservatively). That's US$2600 a
> year.
>
> Will your DSLR depreciate $2600 a year? For most people who use a EOS 10D
> or 20D , probably not. ... so the savings in film+process often makes up
> for
> the depreciation.

I think your economics are a little slanted here. Without reference to the
cost of pc printers, paper, cards, etc. Not to mention the additional cost
of the digital camera -assuming you already owned a film camera prior to
purchase.

Meaningless may be a better description.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re:Second thoughts about digitals)