Subject: [Leica] P 51 Flight time reminder. :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed May 25 22:39:26 2005

Tina Manley said:
> Ted -  My father flew P-51's, Mustangs, and Spitfires in WWII.  He ran
> away from home at 17 and joined the RCAF, transferred after the > US got
> in the war and ended up as an Ace pilot with all kinds of medals .    <<<

Hi Tina,
Thanks for the wishes and the story about your dad flying P51's and joining
the RCAF, as many of your countrymen did early on in the war.

I obviously am excited about this coming 27th as it's a dream I've had since
I was a teen growing up during WW2. My real wish to do this was in a
Spitfire, the Mustang was always second choice. So when this situation was
first talked about last fall there's been no holding me when I knew about
the possibility. Finally it's here! :-)

So after all these years a dream is about to come true. Besides, my life has
been made up of dreaming about doing things, living them and without
question, being a photojournalist has given me the opportunities to
accomplish many of them. :-)

It's like who said photography is just about taking pictures? It's far more
than that as it allows many of us to experience so many things in life that
those not involved ever have the opportunities to enjoy.

More to come so stay tuned. ;-)
ted

Replies: Reply from gwpics at aol.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] P 51 Flight time reminder. :-))
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] P 51 Flight time reminder. :-))
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] P 51 Flight time reminder. :-))