Subject: [Leica] Leica's Demise???
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 25 11:40:19 2005

In a message dated 5/25/05 9:33:47 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> I just have the general impression that people who actively use Leica gear
> and just don't have them parked on a shelf as they gleefully play with
> their
> digital point and shoots have a more positive view of the future of Leica.
> For the obvious reason that they just know directly how useful the stuff
> is.
> To produce images.
>

> Mark Rabiner

Let's not be myopic about film technology. It is very adaptable. For
example,
I now shoot color film in my Leicas, have the negs transferred to CDs, then
print from the CDs to Kodak glossy inkjet stock. Even if my CDs become
unreadable, I still have my negs. What other technology can give you that
kind of
backup and insurance?

I still like to use my darkroom for B&W. When I now give a genuine silver
print to a friend, I can see true appreciation.

I doubt that digital replace film. I see a creative choice for all
generations to come.

Bob