Subject: [Leica] Living in California
From: drodgers7798 at comcast.net (David Rodgers)
Date: Tue May 24 10:32:19 2005

Mark,

When the Spanish missionaries first explored California they claimed the
Central Valley could never be settled. It's desert in the summer and a
sea in the spring. Amazing what a few dams will do. Not that one could
be built today.

The Central Valley currently has some of the least affordable housing in
the country. The splendid metropolis of Fresno, I think, ranks close to
the top. Reminds me of 1989 when California residential Real Estate was
highly leveraged, and perhaps over-priced.

Live it or hate it, California is unique. It's a country within a
country.  I'm waiting for someone to push for the reintroduction of
Grizzley Bears, which were very populous in the Golden State.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] Living in California)