Subject: [Leica] Looking forward to a week of shooting with the DMR
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue May 17 11:24:25 2005

Jay,
I think one of the best sources for adapters of all kinds is still
Cameraquest, particularly if you live in N.America.
Bob Shell does a CY to EOS and Fotodiox a Leica to EOS.
On the European market we have :
1)Hama,
2)Z?rkendorf,
3)Novoflex
4)Foto Huppert
1, M42 to Canon and various T2 adapters at reasonable prices
2,4 can supply Contax to Canon EOS both are high quality and price, the
Huppert adapter is more practical than the Zork, their adapter is fixed
to the lens mount with a grub-screw, the Huppert adapter can be released
with a spring.
3, Leica to Canon and dozens of adapters for all sorts of mounts

If I understood your question correctly - I've never heard of a Leica to
Contax adapter, T2 and M42 to Contax are available.

Jay wrote:
> ANy suggestions as to sources for adapters for Leica lenses to Canon and
> Contax?
>
> Jay Ignaszewski

> Thanks Ted for the informative and prompt reply.
>
> Someone has offered to purchase my Contax RTS II with 25mm, 60mm and 85mm
> f1.4 lenses for $1500. Another gent has offered an even swap for an
> excellent condition 100mm Macro Elmarit (Non-ROM) lens. I am thinking of
> going for the Macro Elmarit swap deal.
> Do you think this lens is truely a cut above the Zeiss lenses I will be
> trading away?
> I would next add another Leica R wideangle lens as I am not exactly
> thrilled
> with my Canon optics.
>
> Take care,
> Mike
Mike,
sell the Contax body and the 25mm and keep the other Zeiss lenses to use
on a Canon !!!!
Consider that the 100mm leica becomes a 160mm Macro, the Zeiss 60 to
just over 95mm, perfect for portraits and Macro.
Douglas

Replies: Reply from bonvini at optonline.net (Jay) ([Leica] Looking forward to a week of shooting with the DMR)