Subject: [Leica] a sad postcard
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon May 16 21:22:31 2005

Ruben, thank you for that lovely essay about the destruction of your forest.

For my family, our magic place is not in the forest but at the ocean. Last
year I took these pictures of it to help me feel it when I am far away.

http://gallery.reid.org/EverydayPopham

My ancestors made and sold port-holes to ship builders, so many of our
houses contain one port-hole.

I'm sure you will live long enough to see good forest again, even if it is
not old forest.

Brian Reid

Message from ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben) ([Leica] a sad postcard)