Subject: [Leica] Differences between the Leica M7 and Bessa R3a/b metering patterns?
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Fri May 13 13:22:14 2005

Alfie, I have a R-D1 and the M7. The R-D1's metering pattern is probably
the same as the R2/3A. Anyway, I would call the M7 "semi-spot" with a
rather large spot, whereas the Bessa more traditional centerweight. In
practical term, the M7 is fooled less often except in backlight situation.
Not that the Bessa is bad either, most cameras with center weight averaging
are like that.

use richard at imagecraft.com)