Subject: K25 (was: Re: [Leica] Further adventures of a lens abuser)
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Thu May 12 13:18:44 2005

Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com> wrote:

> Hard to compare as Kodachrome 25 is gone but I have not used a chrome that
> I liked
> as well as K-25, sharpness and color. Henning may weigh in on this one.
>
> Dennis
>
>Daniel Ridings wrote:
>
>> They have been losing out. In part because the modern ASA 100 films are
>> finer grained and sharper. They weren't really super fine grain. Just
>> finer than the other films of that day.
>>
>> Daniel

K25 - 4 rolls left - vs. E100G, the closest match to Kodachromes I've found:
E100G gives more color saturation at the expense of color gradation, and
being an E6 film the edge acutance is weaker.  I'd say grain is better in
E100G.

K25's colors are rich without phony hyper-saturation, with smoother color
gradation and crisp edges.  I don't see that K25 has much of a grain
advantage if any.  I like what E100G will do for me, and I LOVE the K25
results.  I wish ISO 25 was more usable with an f/6.8 lens.  I'm saving the
last four rolls for when my 280 f/4 APO comes back from the shop (any day
now????).

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com