Subject: [Leica] Re: What I learned from the LUG....
From: KCassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Wed May 11 05:51:12 2005

>From: Richard <richard-lists@imagecraft.com>
>I am assuming he still has his M6 in his pocket...

>But you know, Kyle is the only one that knows, and with my brief tenure
>here at LUG, I have never seen him post a follow up on exactly how he does
>thing. I think the rascal just want us with too much time on our hands to
>debate about his stuff :-)

>>From: "Richard" Subject:What I learned from the LUG....
>> My guess is that he has a 50/1.4ASPH and a $80 50/1.8 on his Nikon.

Come now people! Isn't it obvious? It's a 300 2.8 -- a lens I have coveted
for some time. Ever since I got the 80-200 2.8 that I'd coveted for a long
time and showed up at my first "event" (photographing then secretary of
state madeline albright
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/pad/8/8.jpg) and noticed that
EVERYBODY ELSE HAD A 300 2.8. I slunk away in shame. And for years, have
been the laughing stock of philadelphia photojournalists who routinely pick
me out of the crowd as a clueless neophite because of my lack of
sophisticated lenses.

Now that I have elevated myself to their level, I'm sure I shall discover
they all have image stabalization on their 600 f 4's. allowing them to shoot
hand-held in the dead of night at 1/3 second at iso 200.

I do always have the only digital leica in the photo pit though. So that's
some consolation.

Kc

(p.s. true story: I was photographing john kerry last summer, an walking
into the press enterance of "the event" in proximity to three other PJ's,
each of whom had a 300 2.8 on a monopod. I had my 80-200 around my neck.
Secret service guy grabbed _me_ by the shoulder and said "you can't come
through here." grumble grumble grumble. I posted about it on the lug here:
http://leica-users.org/v27/msg13073.html)

Replies: Reply from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] Re: What I learned from the LUG....)
Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: What I learned from the LUG....)
Reply from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] Re: What I learned from the LUG....)