Subject: [Leica] Got me a 42 megapixel Leica Digital
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue May 10 16:53:03 2005

On 5/3/05 8:43 AM, "Max Weisenfeld" <max_weisenfeld@verizon.net> typed:

> Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400 II

Love that shot with the bird with all those wet twigs all over the place.
The semi tame one. In black and white.

Should be called:
"Any place I hang my twig is home"

This is what really appeals to me about this scanner:

"Edge-to-edge Full Frame Scanning
There's no need to compromise on scanning area when you're working with
filmstrips, because the DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400 II offers edge-to-edge 24mm x
36mm scanning that captures 100% of every frame."

The 5400 Dpi Resolution I think I can live without.
4000 seems to me to be an embarrassment of riches.

But with that full frame feature and for only 500 bucks: it's got my
attention.

I just read the first camera brought into outer space by a human was a
Minolta. This was in the Hasselblad Compendium!

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/