Subject: [Leica] What I learned from the LUG....
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue May 10 13:15:21 2005

Kyle Cassidy showed:

> After years of being told, it finally sunk in.
> > I NEED a $2,500 lens in order to take photos of my neice.
> > http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/2005/2005-05-06-wisconson/
>
> (a few of these were taken with the $80 lens, I'm sure you can tell which
> ones).<<<,

Hi Kyle,
Absolutely beautiful photography of your niece!!!!!! The rest is pretty damn
good also. :-)

Two things, the lens is only as good as you are as a photographer and
probably only make the shot a little sharper, crispier, whatever. But
whatever you used to shoot this stuff isn't going to change because of a
"sharpier lens!" ;-)  Talent man by the bushel!!

Next and the most important....... "The Light!!!!" It's wonderful soft
enhancing and probably the most important thing everyone on the LUG can
learn from your post!! You see we already know you are a damn fine
photographer, but the use of the light is what makes these stand out so
well. If this were shot in brilliant blue sky full sunshine they'd be ready
for file 13 right off.  But one cannot beat soft gentle light working with
children as you've shown here.

Good on you lad, well done! :-)

ted