Subject: [Leica] Big prints, Epson 2200 and Leica appreciation
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Mon May 2 09:09:11 2005

Kind folk,

At the urging of some forum members a few weeks back, I went
out and snagged a 2200 and have delved into the realm of making
large prints. Early results are encouraging! My print universe is now
expanded beyond the confines of 5x7 and 8x10 prints on my little
C86. I will say that the C86 with MIS EZ inks produces impressive
results.  I've also jumped into the vagaries of QuadTone RIP in
the hopes of producing some nice large B&W prints with the 2200
using the Epson UC inks, but we'll see.  Early results with QTR
are middling, but it has many options to explore.

On the Leica front, I tried to take the D70 kit out yesterday. Put
a longish 85/1.8 on her and hit the national zoo. Well, I was turning
around and heading home soon.  But this morning just running
some errands, my relatively diminutive Leica kit in tow as usual,
the world just seemed full of pictures. Maybe its the comfort of
the 28 and 50 focal lengths, maybe it's the HP5 nicely filtered with
yellow/green filters, maybe it's the VF on the M6's, maybe it's the
ready status of a small RF slung over the shoulder. Who knows, but
it sure just feels right somehow viewing and shooting the world
through the Leica's.

Scott

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Big prints, Epson 2200 and Leica appreciation)