Subject: [Leica] People Pics and Grandkid Pics
From: bkhinderks at shaw.ca (Barry Hinderks)
Date: Sun May 1 12:11:05 2005

During my recent trip to Edmonton I only got to shoot 2 rolls (in the M6 of
course)- one for my brother's new  son and the other a hodge podge of grab
shots. There were a few interesting ones so take a peek at:
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhinderks/AAM.02.jpg
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhinderks/Cofgang.01.jpg
These shots are of a group of 'old' pilots. They meet each Sunday morning
to have breakfast and trade tales. Most are in their late 60s to 80s. My
kid brother (on the left in first shot) does a lot of work at the local air
museum and has been invited into the circle. We were there to show off the
pics of his new son. In the second pic, 2nd from the right, is Cedric Mah.
He flew for the Nationalist Chinese at the end of the war and right through
until they were kicked out of China. He flew supplies over the "hump". He
also flew the last aircraft out of Shanghai, loaded with currency, which
only made it over the "hump" by jettisoning crates of cash :-) He later
returned to Canada to fly bush for many years. These guys all have
interesting stories to tell.

'Course I couldn't visit my grandkids without at least a couple shots. My
granddaughter just loves her "Lion King" stuffed toy.
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhinderks/Missy.01.jpg
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhinderks/Missy.02.jpg

Wearing my thick hide -- comments, good and bad solicited.
BarryH

Replies: Reply from jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] People Pics and Grandkid Pics)