Subject: [Leica] Re:Doing your Kid's Wedding
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun May 1 02:36:02 2005

On 4/27/05 7:55 AM, "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>
typed:

> 8 months to get an album? Hope he's out of business now. Jeez.
>
> Chris
> www.zoeicaimages.com

This "8 months to get an album?" thing may not be fair to the wedding
photographer.
Who may have not gotten the print order for seven months.
Which is likely, in my fairly extensive experience.

But yes the process is slow. Its just not mainly the wedding photographers
fault necessarily. The whole family has to get their all their print orders
in.
Believe me if you let it that could take most of a year.

Making small albums for the wedding party and the groom's parents?
The excuse being the print order takes too long to get back from the
photographer?
Does not add up. Not buying it. Got to call BS when I see it.

"Oh that's ok Mr. Photographer take another week to print the wedding pix
the cousin has already distributed small albums to all the key people!"
I'm glad I never heard that one.
I'm sure if that stuff happened they were nice enough to not tell me. I'd
have half expected it if I'd seen someone intensely mirroring the wedding
coverage with a bunch of gear.

We're supposed to think Mr. Williams does not know how insulting he's being
to the professional the bride and groom hired to handle the wedding
photography.

It could be all about this one upping or end running or getting the jump on
the professional photographer kind of thing. I've seen plenty of that at
weddings - you see the guy with all the gear.... He's got a gleam in his
eye.

With a pinch of "its my family and he's simply not in it. Its my family I'll
do what I want" kind of thing.

Me I don't think that the fact that one is a family (most of us are in one)
it means we can be drop dead rude to those or are not in "our family". To
those we have a contract with.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon