Subject: [Leica] digital transformation
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sat Apr 30 06:32:54 2005

I know I made a little reply to this thread earlier, but Nathan has  put
forth an orderly explanation of what seem to be my feelings, so mostly, this
 is
"what he said."

I have no clients, though sometimes I have sold my work  editorially.
Interesting that in three separate magazine articles, I mixed  digital and
film.  I
was not sold until I saw with my own eyes the  remarkable performance of
Canon, and then Pentax  at ISO 800 and  higher.  My beloved Fuji Press
cannot
approach the richness of my Pentax's  image without serious Photoshop work.

It is not the speed of the output that intrigues me so much; as a former
stringer for UPI, I often had hard prints on the fax machine within minutes
of
shooting.  If souping, then printing is your job for a few years, the magic
and pleasure fades, and then it becomes smelly, finger-staining  work.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
?galit?, libert?, crawfish

In a message dated 4/30/2005 1:36:14 A.M. Central Daylight Time,