Subject: [Leica] Film/digital wars
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Fri Apr 29 00:25:35 2005

On 28 de abr de 2005, at 20:39, B. D. Colen wrote:

Agreeing almost everything stated, just a note:

> [...] tell you that they can do things with their digital equipment
> that they couldn't
> do with their Leica film cameras [...]

In fact, photographically speaking and taking apart specialities,
there's nothing in the digital wave that cannot be achieved with the
arrival of films with a reasonable speed -and it has rained a lot since
that-, just more convenient or easy. And that isn't a little thing.

Results are always subjective, to you, to your client, to everyone
else... If you are aiming getting some $ for the pictures, better
assure they please your client, dont matter if you think they are crap,
made with a pleistocenic technology, or whatever. If you are shooting
for yourself, just assure to please yourself.

Personally I'm here because I'm a leica user, but not limited to that
equipment or film use, I dont understand those long threads about how
good is the new xxx thingy, film is dead, digital rules, etc. Everybody
shooting for profit knows what thay should use, and if somebody is
shooting for pleasure no matter if he's using a $10 homemade pinhole
with glass plates or the latest ultraexpensive model from the industry
leader with shinny lenses and a gazillion of buttons.

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/