Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital Transformation
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Thu Apr 28 13:34:56 2005

When reaching for a Leica M, I tend to detour now to my Olympus C-8080 (8
megapixel and very sharp lens). For bigger format, I still go for the
Hasselblad with film (Fuji Velvia or Provia), then scan on an Imacon Photo.
At 8 bits per channel, that gives me almost a 50 megapixel (3200 ppi x 2.2
inch, squared), 135mb file.

I am incredibly disappointed that Leica has/can not make the digital
connection. Leica is becoming, sad to say, like an old friend who lives only
in the past and can't seem to relate to anything that has happened recently.
The charm of Luddites only goes so far.

And man, do I NOT miss cleaning transparencies for Cibachrome printing!

Gary Todoroff