Subject: [Leica] digital transformation
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Thu Apr 28 11:35:12 2005

I'm with Tina on this one. I'm a film guy who mostly shoots Tri-X. but
I shoot digital at work.
I absolutely love the color accuracy of digital, especially in mixed
light. With a good digital camera
(D70/20D class and up) noise is not really an issue even at 1600. I've
seen 1600/3200 asa color shots out
of the new 1Ds II and they are pretty jaw dropping. Processing in PS is
minor compared to what it takes to
get film that was shot in mixed light to look good. Now, if they could
only boost the dynamic range to 10 stops and make a digital M...

Feli

On Apr 28, 2005, at 11:24 AM, Tina Manley wrote:

> Peter -  With the Canon Mark II, there is no noise at all up to 400
> ISO.  Even at 1600 ISO, the noise is much less than grain on film of
> 1600 ISO.  The 8.2 MP files from the Mark II need much less
> post-processing than most scanned film.
>
> Tina
feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

no archive

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] digital transformation)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] digital transformation)