Subject: [Leica] MP vs. M6 noise
From: miki at arbos.net (MIKIRO)
Date: Mon Apr 25 17:44:01 2005

Ted,

I am one of those who have too much time for noise. :-)
IMHO, such dilettante fetishism is an important niche for Leica to
survive. No one has ever rivaled and will probably will beat Leica in
this field. Noise meters for Leica are pH meters and whatever laboratory
devices for wine. A repair person in Asakusa Tokyo can change shutter
curtain material to make your Leica sound and feel as you like. I
respect such work. I love that feel in my hands which I would describe
as tapping a rosewood table with ivory chopsticks... :-) Human ears and
hands count more than anything else.

Yes. This is nothing to do with taking pictures, or at best, pepper on a
steak ;-)

Cheers,

MIKIRO
Japan