Subject: [Leica] Leica M book...A Note of Caution
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Apr 21 13:58:18 2005

Buzz Hausner offered:
Subject: RE: Re: [Leica] Leica M book...A Note of Caution

>A note of caution, Ted.  In most cases and in a majority of climates,
> storing paper material in zip-lock bags is just fine.  However, some
> items may be damaged by this method, especially if moisture is trapped
> in the bag.  For truly precious items, the best storage is an acid-free
> fall-back box which closes fairly tight but leaves a wee bit of room for
> the paper to expand and contract.  Any good binder can produce these
> boxes, custom fit, at a relatively modest cost.  If an item has been
> printed on high-acid paper, common from the mid-nineteenth century
> through the 1960s, the paper must be de-acidified or else there will be
> no way to halt deterioration.<

Hi Buzz,
Thank you very much I'll look into it as soon as I can.

But the zip lock bags I use are big with lots of room for expansion that may
occur, even though I've squished as much air out as possible. But I sure
don't want to loose any of the "oldies" so I'll take your advice and action.
ted

Replies: Reply from buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner) ([Leica] Leica M book...A Note of Caution)