Subject: [Leica] Re: how big it will print
From: jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB)
Date: Thu Apr 21 12:17:48 2005

At 10:28 AM 4/21/2005, John W. Heintz wrote:

>One question for the list: Any ideas for displaying such large prints
>acceptably (in a show) without expensive frames?
>
>thanks,
>
>john

I routinely print 30x40, 40x40, 48x48, and 48x60. I'm about to print a
48x96 print. This is all inches, not cm. I have these hanging on my walls
and I sell a reasonable number of them.

They are all mounted on 1/2" black foam core or Gatorfoam board. The print
is laminated with a 1.5 mil UV laminate (either glossy or satin,)
everything is trimmed flush, and I use a very narrow frame that I order
from Light Impressions http://tinyurl.com/5ytjt (style #33, black.) It's
almost invisible and protects the edges of the foam mount board. I use the
Light Impressions hardware kit, string a picture hanging wire across the
back, and hang it.

I've been doing this for a lot of years, this exact method, and have had
zero problems. Folks love the big prints and displayed this way, there are
no distractions to catch one's eye. All you see is the print. Actually, I
do all of my prints this way. 8x10 on up.

JB

Replies: Reply from brad at bradbrad.com (brad daly) ([Leica] Re: how big it will print)
Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Re: how big it will print)