Subject: [Leica] End of an Era, Tak of Mac Camera Retires
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Thu Apr 21 10:15:32 2005

On 21 de abr de 2005, at 17:09, Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:

> I suspect that in the not too far off future home processing for the
> amateur will become a felony offense because of hazardous waste.

with every poo thrown down the sewer, there are much more toxic
elements and more concentrate than the average home printer in one
session.

Altought recycling facilities should take care of it, as I never liked
simply discarding chemicals down the sewers, I carry my used chemicals
to the recycling plant.

I heard that exhausted fixing bath is a good fertilizer, never tried by
myself.

> Although in Los Angeles County each household is allowed 150lbs of
> haz-mat materials per year. That's more than enough for the average
> home printer.

even the selenium toner isnt catalogued as hazarous due the low
concentration of latest formulas, just lightly harmful, dunno if it
will be enough legal difference; anyway these measures are good news to
hear for environmental-conscient people, but in the other hand inks,
plastic, cartridges, electronics, toners, etc. are heavy polluting
industries, not easily recyclable.
Not everything new is necessarily better from the evironmental point of
view, and this new tech is much affordable less exigent in knowledge,
so we can expect much more people using them at once. :-/

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/

Replies: Reply from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] End of an Era, Tak of Mac Camera Retires)
Message from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] End of an Era, Tak of Mac Camera Retires)