Subject: [Leica] Re: End of an era
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Wed Apr 20 09:07:28 2005

All camera stores are getting hit like this, unless you are a large
warehouse store. Too much internet competition and also the electronic
stores now carry all sorts of digital.

We just had one store close down here uptown. There are only 2 stores within
New Orleans(2 still left in Metairie) that carry any film products at
all(meaning darkroom,film,etc.).

Main problem I have with this is that soon there will be no "real" stores to
help you anymore with gear info. It used to be you went to a store to see
the product, get some help with it, buy it, take it home, go back to the
store with questions, come home, play some more. Now it's go to the store,
ask questions, waste the salesperson's time, go home, buy it online.

Ce La Vive!

Chris

waiting for Roethlisburgh V.2 to start soon!