Subject: [Leica] End of an Era, Tak of Mac Camera Retires
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Tue Apr 19 23:12:26 2005

>There will always be more buyers out there......

Not really. The Japanese used camera market has slowed CONSIDERABLY
even in the last  few months. I've been watching the prices of M3s
and Nikon SPs slowly begin to spiral downwards. Whereas a mint
condition M3 could have been reached $10,000, now  they are going for
around $3000-4000.

It's kind of like watching the burst of the Tokyo real estate bubble.
I'm waiting until a good Nikon SP reaches the affordable level
($1500) then I'll snap one up. At this rate, that will be by June.
Many used camera stores are going bankrupt or significantly
downsizing. Even Lemon Camera has closed shops.

Tak retired at a good time.

Karen

Karen Nakamura
http://www.photoethnography.com/blog/