Subject: [Leica] M7 & Summicron DR 50.....
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Wed Apr 13 16:28:33 2005

AFASIK it will not destroy the M7

As has been mentioned already, if you want to use the close focus
feature, you have to remove the tab on the back of the eyes. This tab
is there to prevent the lens from being removed while the eyes are
attached. So you have to remember not to do that!

Here is what I would do:

-set the lens focus to 1 meter (closest normal focus)
- mount the lens
- slowly move the focus towards infinity

Does it bind?

Then:

- set the shutter to B
-remove the baseplate
- flip up the back
- hold the shutter release down (a locking cable release would be handy)
-  try it again and see what's up

John Collier

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] M7 & Summicron DR 50.....)