Subject: [Leica] OT Barbecue Grills
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (jon.stanton@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Apr 13 08:31:03 2005

I have what I think is an ideal barbeque grill. It's a 55 gallon metal drum
cut diagonally with a removable grate. There are marble sized holes drilled
in various spots throughout the drum which can be plugged/opened with wads
of tinfoil...this controls the type of draft you want. In "Corn Country" we
get a large burlap sack, fill it with freshly picked corn (still in the
husk) and sink it overnight in a freshwater lake or stream. Next day we fire
up the grill and start laying the ears of corn on the grill until the husk
blackens a little. Off to the side of the grill there are huge mixing bowls
filled with melted butter. Peel the husk back and dunk the ear in the
butter. The corn has been steam cooked more or less...Of course I like to
have a little tabasco on the side or some other adequately hot sauce.