Subject: [Leica] M7 & Summicron DR 50.....
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Wed Apr 13 08:18:00 2005

Yep, you can mount the DR on the M7, without a problem. If you want
to use the eyes you need to remove the small pin, because the M7
body is 2mm taller than a regular M (same with the M6TTL). I believe it
simply unscrews; mine snapped off... Several sources I have seen,
recommend that you only mount the DR with it's focus set to infinity.
Something about changes to the baffling from the M6 on and focus
accuracy. I'm not sure if this is entirely true, but set up like this
the DR
does mount a littte smoother on my TTL, whereas it doesn't seem to
make a difference on the M7. ;-)

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com