Subject: [Leica] M3 purchase
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Thu Apr 7 16:39:03 2005

All the M4-2 and up cameras have steel winding gears. Brass doesn't
hold up when a motor/winder is attached. I think the motorized M4s and
M2s had steel gears as well. I even think, but am too lazy to look it
up, that the original MPs did too.

Someone blast me if I am mistook.

Steel gears take longer to wear in. My TTLs are quite smooth now that
hundreds of rolls have run through them.

John Collier