Subject: [Leica] In which the author confesses himself a genius
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Wed Apr 6 15:40:14 2005

At 8:23 PM -0600 05.4.4, John Collier wrote:
>Well, I dropped the new 50/1.4 Asph. I dropped it onto a ceramic
>tile floor. It's not happy. It has a dented hood which doesn't
>bother me but, unfortunately, the focusing binds.* I sent it back to
>Leica under passport. Good Leica, bad John

Aren't you glad that you bought it with the  Passport?  I personally
think it's the one thing that makes paying the domestic markup (viz a
viz grey market) worth it.

I do hope that you get a replacement quicker than the last time!

The ongoing saga of John Collier's 50mm f/1.4 ASPH continues

Karen Nakamura
http://www.photoethnography.com/blog/