Subject: [Leica] Goan Festival in 5 Pics
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Apr 5 03:20:18 2005

I could write a lot more about the Goan experience. In brief, it was
wonderful. One of the tour guides likes us so much that he took us to his
village where they were having the 15 day Holi festival. These are from the
Epson R-D1. Our Indian friend just FedEx'ed the 11 rolls of films I took
today so I will get them may be on Thursday. I took tons of pictures of the
World Heritage Vishnu and Shiva temples south of Bangalore. Will process
them as time permits (most of them were taken with the M7)

That night, the men and boys were running and dancing up and down the street:
(small size ~40K:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/LJPics/goa2005/EPSN0169_small.jpg)
(large version:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/LJPics/goa2005/EPSN0169.jpg

The women and girls have their own night. This night, they were just
happily enjoying the festivities:
(small size ~40K:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/LJPics/goa2005/EPSN0216_small.jpg)
(large version:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/LJPics/goa2005/EPSN0216.jpg

Toward the end, the priest made blessings:
(small size ~40K:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/LJPics/goa2005/EPSN0230_small.jpg)
(large version:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/LJPics/goa2005/EPSN0230.jpg

... and blessed the "Warriors":
(small size ~40K:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/LJPics/goa2005/EPSN0249_small.jpg)
(large version:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/LJPics/goa2005/EPSN0249.jpg

At the end of the day, a Goddess followed me home. How can I say no?
(small size ~40K:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/LJPics/goa2005/EPSN0269_small.jpg)
(large version:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/LJPics/goa2005/EPSN0269.jpg