Subject: [Leica] Pocket Cameras (was: Minox 35)
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (Bob Palmieri)
Date: Sat Apr 2 07:39:51 2005

Folks -

Having just returned from a ski trip, I am once again reminded of my
undying admiration for the Olympus XA. Certainly the best ski camera
I've used.

It's a bit fussy to pull out that backlight compensation lever when
you're shooting with big gloves, but if I know I'll be shooting in the
snow all day I just screw with the ISO setting.  Nice to have some
focus (short RF base notwithstanding) and aperture control compared to
a P&S.

Besides, when you fall on the thing the rounder contours (compared to
the Contax, f'rinstance) don't dig into your hip bone as much.

Bob Palmieri