Subject: [Leica] Pocket Cameras (was: Minox 35)
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sat Apr 2 05:30:41 2005

the T was the first "posh" P&S. it was a one-of-a-kind, very sharp 38mm 2.8
sonnar,
coupled rangefinder, aperture priority, focus and aperture controls on lens
barrel,
powerful 40ft GN detatchable flash (2AA batteries), metal body, near-silent
operation.

downsides: hard to find and somewhat expensive, film loading is fiddly and
sometimes
unreliable (it moves film using only one set of sprocket holes), top shutter
only
1/500, rangefinder not as clear and contrasty as an M, sometimes difficult to
locate the rangefinder patch in dark situations.

summary: splendid lens, handles like a tiny manual camera.

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey