Subject: [Leica] APO SUMMICRON 75
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Apr 2 04:35:18 2005

On 4/1/05 10:22 PM, "Feli" <feli2@earthlink.net> typed:

> On Apr 1, 2005, at 8:06 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>> The slow collapsible macro f4 not going over so well. Not that I'd not
>> kill
>> for one.
>
> I would kill for a reformulated, flare free 2.8/90 Tele-Elmarit APO
> ASPH whatever.
> Same size as the old one.
>
> feli

So would I!
But I think they'd just aspherically reformulate the current Elmarit.
Leave the "Tele" off of it.
But Wowing us with how compact they can make it.
Perhaps even more compact than the 75.

The f4 is not so compact because of the macro capabilities I don't think.
It looks like a muscle lens. Especially for an f4. Especially for a
collapsible.
Macro adds weight and bulk it seems to me.

For macro for my M system for me that's my Viso system.
Loads of fun! Put all kinds of strange glass in front of it.
Enlarger lenses going for a song.
Like my 100mm JSK Componon S I got last week for 80 bucks
I can probably be able to dupe a few postage stamps with THAT.
Do some head shot glossies of a few rodents.

Fan mail from some flounders.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon