Subject: [Leica] Pocket Cameras (was: Minox 35)
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Fri Apr 1 23:07:27 2005

On 1 de abr de 2005, at 21:22, B. D. Colen wrote:

> I may be completely wrong - but doesn't the Minox just have guesstimate
> focusing - no coupled rangefinder?

You're right.
It's guess focusing, yes, but with a 35mm that's not a real problem. I
never failed an important shot due that.

> The XA has a rangefinder, and a terrific 35 mm 2.8 lens.

yup, the XA is great, beautiful and cheap.
Having owned two, I still prefer the Minox because the lens performs
better -for my taste, no sci-fi lab test- in colour separation and
sharpness, has support for 3200ASA, integrated skylight filter, the
folding cover acts as fortune sunshade fairly good, has a 2x exposure
switch (interesting for an Aperture priority-only camera,) and is
slightly smaller than the XA.

Anyway the XA is a terrific camera with terrific performance, but the
minox goes better with me.

> If you can find an XA in good working condition, I'd grab it.

Sure, I did, and its flash integration is fairly good for a pocketable
and old camera.

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/