Subject: [Leica] Train
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (jon.stanton@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Apr 1 09:58:03 2005

      "Wow!  They really were grinding the rails.  Before I looked I thought
I might see something really rare these days, a hot box.  Thanks Lee"
 Back in the early 70's I worked for a company that made grain hoppers and
"slurry' cars....On occasion we would service cars that had "hot boxes" aka
blown bearings. Timken put an end to that genre of car. Back then a car had
to be "retired" if it was 50 years old even if the "trucks" (wheels) could
be upgraded...question is...when was the last "hot box" car made?

Replies: Reply from sdp35 at cwazy.co.uk (Craig Zeni) ([Leica] Train)