Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW More portraits, non Leica content
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Sep 25 19:26:29 2004

Every year I shoot head shots of the rising ninth grade class so that
the headmaster and staff will know by name all of their new students by
the second day of class.  This year I also shot the rising sixth grade
class for the same reason.

Lighting is as simple as possible, almost always simple window light
with no fill.  Turn the subject a little into the light and you have a
wonderful look.  Take the subjects in less than ten seconds each and you
get the true person.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album44/sixthgradeboy

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album44/sixthgradeexcitement

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album44/sixthgradewinsomeboy

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album44/sixthgradshootergal

All shots wide open with a discontinued Zeiss 85mm at 2.8.

Comments always welcome.

Don
dorysrus@mndspring.com

Replies: Reply from daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Don's PAW More portraits, non Leica content)