Subject: [Leica] RE: decline in LUG membership
From: mikiro at yahoo.fr (Mikiro MORI)
Date: Sat Sep 25 19:25:34 2004

Hello, there.

I have just made a tiny contribution against the decline in LUG
membership. I was away from the list for three years and now am
pleasantly surprised to find LUGger names I still remember. I am also
reminded with nostalgia of the LUG meeting at Photokina in 2000. Are the
participants still on this list?

I switched totally from film to digital in 2001, and since then my
beloved Leica gear was kept remotely in the drawers. Digital SLRs gave
me nice images but little joy of taking pictures. I finally got
determined to switch back to Leica when I had my hands on an Epson R-D1.
This is, at least for the moment, the only acceptable bridge over a
digital-or-Leica dilemma that has long annoyed me (and probably some of
you). Now I normally carry an M6 and an R-D1 with a couple of lenses,
which weigh just 2 kg, and enjoy shooting both film and digital leically.

Cheers,

MIKIRO
Japan

Replies: Reply from jem.kime at ntlworld.com (Jem Kime) ([Leica] RE: decline in LUG membership)