Subject: [Leica] Leica Digital R
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sat Sep 25 19:25:34 2004

>I'm glad they have the ISO up to 1600 and with the 1.3x I'll have the
>world's sharpest 130mm APO lens! Burst rate looks slow but without
>autofocus this isn't a sports camera anyway. Although it would be nice
>to know how many RAW images you can shoot consecutively at what rate
>without stopping - as in working portraiture for example.

I wonder if you'll have to cock the shutter manually (as in the Epson
R-D1) or if the Digital-R back will also have a built-in motor to
wind the shutter mechanism. If you have to manually cock it, then 2
fps isn't a big deal. If it's a motor drive, then 2fps will seem
agonizingly slow on occasion.

Karen
--
Karen Nakamura